White Fudge Chunks
Fudge is a much adored sweet no matter what the time of the year is. Usually it is associated with small specialty shops and being sold in cubes or pricey slabs, and a wide variety of flavors. Well this holiday season why not try your hand at making these incredibly sweet treats your self? Give them out as gifts and make the lucky recipient very happy! They will be done in no time ( just add the time it takes for them to chill) and will make a perfect gift or a treat for your guests. If you happen to have children, not only can they help you out, but they can make the whole thing all by themselves. This will show how to make Holiday Fudge Stars, however, please feel free to substitute any shapes, flavors and colors to fit your needs and liking.
What you will need to make your Holiday Fudge Stars:
- A large flat bottom pan. Square or round will do.
- Some foil to line the pan.
- One teaspoon of butter
- One can (16oz) of frosting, flavor of your choice. Here I will use vanilla.
- Two cups of chocolate chips, again white chocolate, semi sweet milk, etc. up to you. I use white chocolate chips.
- Half of a cup of chopped up jelly candy, flavors and colors of choice. I like red or green.
- A star shaped cookie cutter. Once again, please feel free to substitute for a different shape.
- A microwave safe bowl and a spatula.
How to make your Holiday Fudge Stars:
- First you should get your pan ready, line it with the foil on lightly grease the foil with the butter.
- If you haven’t chopped up the candy yet do so now, just so you have it ready to go when needed.
- Pour the whole can of frosting into the microwave safe bowl, add the two cups of chocolate chips and stir it up.
- Melt the mass in the microwave at 10- 15 minute increments until it is all even and liquid. Depending on the microwave the times will vary so don’t walk away and leave the chocolate and frosting unattended.
- Stir the mass to make sure there is no lumps and that it is smooth.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes then stir in your chopped jelly candy. Make sure it gets in everywhere. You don’t want a large sum of it on one side and nothing elsewhere.
- Once the candy has been added pour out the mixture onto the foil lined pan. Spread it out nice and even.
- Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate until the fudge is firm.
- Once the fudge is firm use the foil to lift it out of the pan.
- Cut out the star shapes with the cookie cutter. If wanted you can add sprinkles or sugar on top to decorate it.
- For storage use an airtight container and refrigerate.
Photo Credits: A) My photo. B) Sorry I Know it is not a star I just did them in chunks last time C) Sorry it's a really crappy picture I was having trouble with flash and whatnot.