I think we all need a bit of alcohol in us from time to time, this goes for cookies too!
What you will need to make spiced rum cookies:
- 175g (6oz) of unsalted butter, softened and a bit extra for greasing
- 175g (6oz) dark muscovado sugar
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp dark rum
How to make spiced rum cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 180 *C (or 350 *F, Gas Mark 4) and grease two baking sheets.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, you should whisk it until its all light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, coriander, cinnamon, cloves and the nutmeg into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the rum into the mixture. place 18 spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepped baking sheets.
- Make sure you space them apart giving them plenty of room to expand. Flatten each one of them slightly with the back of a spoon (you can take the liberties when shaping them).
- Bake your spiced rum cookies in a preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until golden.
- Leave the cookies to cool and crisp on a wire rack before serving.
Can you guys tell I'm really wanting some cookies this morning or what?
Photo Credit: Photo is mine.