|DIY Gift Tags|
- 300 gsm white, red or green card
- Red and sage-green felt
- Sewing needle and deep red embroidery thread
- Holly leaves
- Deep red silk fabric scraps
- Red ribbon
- Craft knife, steel edged ruler, cutting mat, hole punch and double sided tape
- Choose any color card paper to make your gift tags to the size you require. Cute out a rectangle shape with a craft knife and a steel edged ruler on a cutting mat (or if you are not stocked up with all the crazy crafts equipment improvise with scissors).
- Punch a hole in the corner.
- Repeat the steps until you have as many rectangular cards as you need (one per tag).
- Attach the red felt to half of the card and the green felt to the other half of the cards using a double sided tape.
- Trim any excess off.
- Using a sewing needle and embroidery thread, sew holly leaves to the felt side of the red felt cards with one cross- stitch, tying the thread at the back and trimming the excess.
- Cut three small squares off the silk and using double sided tape, glue it to the felt side of the green felt cards overlapping them at jaunty angles.
- Add a small sage green felt heart to one of the silk squares with double sided tape.
- Thread a length of red ribbon through each hole and make a knot in the ribbon.